Terms & Conditions
Thank you for visiting the website of the Goodna Street Life Inc.
This page sets out the terms and conditions regarding:
- access to this website (the Website); and
- participating in the Goodna Street Life Sleepout for the Homeless (including any associated fundraising)
Please note that Goodna Street Life Inc reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions without notification to you and you should periodically visit this page to review the Terms and Conditions.
Goodna Street Life Inc may remove any content posted by you, prevent access by you to the Website and/or prevent you from participating in the Event if you do not comply with these Terms and Conditions. The Terms and Conditions are subject to the laws of Australia.
By accessing this Website and/or registering for the Event, you are deemed to have read and are bound to the unconditional acceptance and compliance with the Terms and Conditions set out below.
Information contained in this Website is as up-to-date as our resources permit and has been provided as complete and in good faith without any express or implied warranty. Goodna Street Life Inc is not liable for any costs or losses you incur through your use of the Website (including by accessing links to third party websites from the Website).
The information is specific and relevant to the various States within the Australia and as such the type and level of services may vary from State to State.
Website Terms and Conditions
The Website may contain bulletin boards, chat rooms, forums or other communication facilities. By using and accessing the Website, you agree that you will not do any of the following:
- post, communicate or transmit any unlawful, criminal, threatening, abusive, defamatory, libellous, contemptuous, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent material including any material that would materially and adversely affect the reputation of Goodna Street Life Inc;
- post, communicate or transmit material which violates or infringes the rights of any other person or party or infringes any law;
- inhibit or restrict any other user from using the Website;
- interfere with the computer systems which support the Website, overload a service, engage in a denial-of-service attack or attempt to disable a host;
- post, communicate or transmit any file which contains viruses, worms, "Trojan horses" or any other harmful, contaminating or destructive features;
- access or attempt to access information resources you are not authorised to use;
- impersonate or falsely represent your association with any person or organisation or otherwise provide false or misleading information;
- attempt to modify, adapt, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Website, including the use of automated tools;
- post, communicate or transmit or use any material of any kind for commercial purposes, or which contains any promotional material or advertising;
- delete, circumvent or alter any author attribution, legal notices, rights management information or technological protection measures; or
- post, download, communicate or transmit any file or material posted by another user of the Website if you know, or reasonably ought to know, that the file or material cannot legally be downloaded or communicated in that manner.
All logos and slogans are subject to copyright obligations to Goodna Street Life Inc and, along with all information, text, graphics, advertisements, audio and multimedia found on this Website (in whole or in part) are not to be copied, reproduced, reused, reposted, repurposed, transmitted, adapted, republished, broadcast, distributed or uploaded without written authorised permission.
Information contained in the "Media & News" and "Appeal" sections are provided for use with the general intent of informing the public. Use is as identified in the individual document.
The information on this Website has been provided for personal, non-commercial use only, to provide information on the services provided by Goodna Street Life Inc.
Event Terms and Conditions
The Event is hosted by Goodna Street Life Inc and is intended to raise money and awareness about homelessness and poverty by introducing participants to the experience of homelessness for one night.
The Event requires participants to:
- 1. sleep outdoors without shelter at our event location, or at a suitable location of your own determination;
- 2. sleep exposed to the elements including rain; and
- 3. sleep without bedding other than a sleeping bag, pillow and a cardboard sheet.
By registering, you are agreeing for your name, photograph and/or footage of you to be used for promotional or advertising purposes. If you do not wish your involvement to be promoted or your photo or footage of you not to be used, please make this known to the Event team upon registration.
The Event is a "dry" event and absolutely no alcohol will be allowed.
Goodna Street Life Inc reserves the right to determine eligibility for participation of registering individuals and organisations for the Event.
As a participant in the Event:
- you agree not to represent that your actions are on behalf of Goodna Street Life Inc. To the extent that you make representations for fundraising or Event purposes, Goodna Street Life Inc, takes no responsibility for those representations;
- you acknowledge that you participate at your own risk and that you are not, to the best of your knowledge, suffering from a condition which would prevent and/or render you unfit to participate in the Event. You agree to take all reasonable measures to protect yourself from the risks of participation;
- you are responsible for all property that you bring to the Event and Goodna Street Life Inc accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to this property;
- you agree to not cause any loss or damage to property at the Event;
- you release Goodna Street Life Inc (including its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, contractors, sponsors and/or agents) (collectively, the Event Organisers) from any claim and from any liability (to the maximum extent permitted by law) for, or as a result of, any loss, injury or damage suffered by you in relation to your attendance and participation in the Event, however caused, including any claim or liability which arises due to any negligence of the Event Organisers; and
- you agree that you will comply with the reasonable directions of Goodna Street Life Inc and its authorised representatives and that Goodna Street Life Inc may remove you from the Event at its sole discretion.
While sleeping out in the cold is not a comfortable experience, the risk of serious injury or illness is relatively low. However, by taking part you are acknowledging that accidents may occur and accept all risks relating to or arising from your participation in the Event and release the Event Organisers and all related persons associated with the conduct of the Event from all liability relating to or arising from your participation in the Event.